Monday, August 24, 2009

She does exist.

Erin tells me I need to update my blog, and she's right. Although to be honest, besides her, I'm not really sure who even reads this thing... but I guess that's not important. At least I have one adoring fan (thanks Erin!).

Here's the latest update, since it seems it's been six months (six months!!) since my last post:
- I quit my job at Sawyer working as the Executive Assistant to the CEO. "Quit?!" you say. Yes. Yes I did. Not the most well thought out decision I've ever made in my laugh, but I managed, thank goodness. Quite possibly one of the best things I've done so far this year. Not only do I work a normal 40 hours a week, but I've also gotten rid of the vibrating sensation I'd feel from having a Blackberry even if I did not have my Blackberry on me. It's nice not to twitch anymore.
- I was recently hired for a permanent position at MIT two weeks ago and I love it. Not only is it awesome to be in an academic environment again, but MIT is actually a pretty awesome employer. Benefits are great, perks are almost better, and I'll have the opportunity to take advantage of tuition reimbursement for my graduate degree. It doesn't get any sweeter than that.
- I will be relocating from Brighton to Cambridge by the end of the month. Things happened, words were exchanged and it was decided that my current roommate and I would not be living together after our lease expired the end of this month. After exploring the cyber classifieds Craigs List has to offer, I found a great room with really nice people in Central Square. It's closer to work, right in the middle of all the Cambridge coolness, and a couple T stops from downtown Boston. Not only that, the rent is cheaper. Maybe this will be a good year after all...
- And lastly I've embarked on a personal quest to explore all opportunities presented to me. To no longer dwell on the negative, but rather embrace the positive. I made a vow to myself shortly after my mother passed away that I would no longer take things for granted, but sadly have veered from my vow over the last couple years. I'm looking to find myself again, find the old Megan, but at the same time work to strengthen and solidify the many many lessons and revelations I've experienced as of late. Already I feel a change and it is good. Like I'm shaking off the dust and instead letting my inner light shine. Cheesy? Perhaps, but whatever it is, I don't mind it. :)

0 comments: